12-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #156
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
So what didn't you like about the Performance Model 3 when you test drove it? How would you compare it to the F80? I'd love to hear your feedback.

I happen to own a car with the S58 (along with the M3P) and the lag kills it for me, the 8 speed auto is lacking precision and hits redline even though you already clicked the paddle up in manual mode. Looks of the new G80 are hit or miss so here's to hoping BMW fixes the lag.
It's likable. I didn't really "dislike" anything because it was a friend's vehicle and I was merely enjoying the ride rather than evaluating it as a purchase option........like being around a woman you aren't attracted to, so you're neither evaluating the good nor the bad, but you're just enjoying the company because you have to be around her in/at that moment.

With that said, there's nothing overwhelming about it. It evokes zero passion out of me. I don't find the car attractive in the least bit (...which isn't to suggest that the car is ugly, it's just ambiguous to me and I feel indifferent about it). There's also no manual transmission option.

I'm not against hybrids nor EV's. There's merit to their existence, but not at the expense of an option to row my own cogs IF it were my sole mode of transportation. That is extremely important to me. Hell, I don't even want a PDK GT3, and I absolutely lust for that Porsche model. I am a diehard MT guy for better or for worse.

The TESLA is technologically impressive. It is fast! ....but those are just bullet points on a long list of considerations when considering a vehicle purchase. To me the car lacks soul, thus, I have no interest in buying one as an ///M replacement or as a sole vehicle. As stated earlier, I would only opt for one under certain conditions. IF my automatic transmission C230 commuter car went pop and a TESLA M3 fell into my hands at a cheap price, I might play with the idea of picking one up, but there would still be an ///M in the garage along with my Ducati V4 (...and a GT3 if I could swing it).
Appreciate 0