Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i 6MT

Garage List
2019 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Update: Canceled my order.

Had to fully pay for my vehicle ahead of time since I'm in TX. Did that weeks ago. Got my VIN, purchase agreement, insurance, all set for delivery late Dec... then their stupid inventory system kept pulling my fully paid for car out from my account. Four times. The rep can't figure out why. When I call their 1-888 number I get different answers depending on the phase of the moon.

It's been slated for production for a month, however no one at the company including the sales reps, delivery advisor, etc. have any clue when it will be manufactured. So they have had $60k of my money for almost a month but no car. I'm also paying insurance on an non-existent car.

Tesla employees will randomly just ghost you completely. Sometimes you just get "this voicemail box is full" when you call them. When you email the delivery person they just go "we can't see the factory systems, we have no idea when your car will be built".

The internals of the company is a complete clusterfuck. At this point I'm so fed up that even if the car farts out rainbows and unicorns I'd tell them to shove it up their you know what.

Service right now is a nightmare. With BMW I can call them, usually bring the vehicle in the same week, get a loaner and be out in 15 min. With Tesla right now most service centers don't pick up the phone, you have to schedule it via an app and pray they text you back. They're out of loaners a lot of times and give you Uber credits That is if they're not backlogged on parts. Some people get in a crash and wait 6 months for it to get fixed.

Sooo... going to drive my low mileage F80 M3 for a while till the warranty runs out. Next options are M340i, M440i, or wait until 2nd year for G80 M3. I actually got a G20 330i loaner recently and loved the interior and ambient lighting.

Looks like I'm back at home with BMW for the foreseeable future.
That's what you get for being a traitor and trying to buy a toaster oven, lol