03-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #171
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
Lots of speculation on those points already, but not much in the way of concrete evidence.

At that price, I'd expect the wheels to be forged, or at least "rotary forged".

I've yet to see a dedicated track brake pad that also worked well on the street, though there are plenty of claims out there suggesting that such a thing is possible. At best, if they really hold up under sustained track use, they're going to be compromised on the street, whether due to dust, or disc wear, or whatever.

Higher-temp brake fluid can be fine on the street as long as it's not contaminated.

Since I already have wider forged wheels, it's the customizable Track Mode settings that are the most exciting things. The fact that you can vary both the power/torque split between front and rear axles as well as the level of stability control intervention from OFF to "full nanny mode" is fantastic!

OTA updates for the win!
Exactly my thinking regarding your points around the brakes and fluid. OTA updates are great! Depending on how the G80 pans out (I'm still ok with the big grills so far) I'll either go manual G80 or finally go 2 car and do M3P daily + 996 or e9x m3 ICE fun car.
Appreciate 0