Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i. 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
I agree, it blows my mind they sell cars and they know BMW has a big enthusiast market and people love modifying there cars.. how did this slip there minds..??
Agreed. Inexcusable. They simply didn't test this in enough conditions...ie. different types of window tint, different seasons, different cities with significantly different levels of sunlight, etc. I get how much work that would actually be, so I understand. But that's why you build in a simple software switch in iDrive for "Daytime Manual Brightness Control". That takes care of anyone who has conditions that are incompatible with your fancy intolerant ambient light sensor setup. So simple. Let's hope they find the motivation to do this in a future update.
My view is if it's hard to test and they have us early adopters 'testing' for them, they should take the feedback by the users more serious. I believe many have already reported this to BMW, but the solutions aren't coming... Hell, they are clearly aware of the connected drive app issues too, yet haven't done shit about it.
They got there money from us.. that's all they care about we're afterthoughts now.
Appreciate 0