10-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #16
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5468 View Post
Having googled this, it appears this is not an unusual occurrence to lose bass intermittently on the G20 HK and clearly others here all have had similar issues to me.

As I mention, it seems to be very random for me and fortunately not become a big enough issue for me at this stage. The few occasions it has happened, it was temporary and bass returned fairly quickly and always returned when rebooting the car.

No particular pattern to when this happens and makes no difference what source I am listening too or how much bass features in the track. Very random.

When I had mine into the dealer last month for another issue I mentioned it but they could not replicate the issue and could not find any stored fault codes. I was advised to record it on my phone if it occurs again. Not quite sure how my phone is supposed to identify loss of bass! They mentioned they were aware of some issues but will not replace any components without evidence of the fault which I sort of understand. Has not occurred however since the last visit into the dealership.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone here gets a resolution from the dealer.
I think may be playing a bass track and keeping your phone on your iDrive screen showing you haven't adjusted the bass settings. Any good pair of headphones will be able to listen to the detail. If you wanted to you could also use a spectrum analyzer (like a RTA equalizer) to demonstrate the bass cut.

Mine is starting to do it more and more but I haven't had the time to go to the dealer yet.
Appreciate 0