kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Actual Race car drivers do not drive production cars on the track for a living, they drive purpose built race cars. And Porsche is king at track cars too. I dont have the time at the moment to be accurate, but id challenge that 15/85 split quoted as well.
I luv the Roundel but come on, please, a 4 door sedan vs purpose built sports car is not a real comparison.
Going a bit off topic..

I’m having a hard time understanding your first point. These professionals are the ones who adapt fast to rapidly changing environment and are able to produce stable lap time after a warm up lap. This does not change driving production cars.

The only “fast” Porsches on track are GT2/GT3s and if you’ve ever seriously tracked them, you would know that these GT3 drivers typically have practice experience with BMW first because it is much more forgiving & easier to extract lap time on the go with a bimmer.
It is not easy to drive a rear mounted engine car that loses front grip going 200kph due to weight distribution.

From 997 and on, they seem to have brought it to around 3:7 to 3.5:6.5. Still heavy rear biased.