View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #1803
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_halloween View Post
All xDrives made in Germany where as RWDs made in Mexico! at least that's what my rep told me

Mine made in Germany pheew

Looks like you guys going to wait a lot longer... You screwed yourself further, you got a port installed M exhaust aaaah but it's nice
Sure you may get it a little faster than me if you're in the East Coast.

I didn't keep an activity log but I can tell you guys these;

- I ordered mine on November 7th, on a nice and warm Saturday evening
- ~2.5 weeks after I got a production #. Then ~2 weeks later I got a VIN assigned.
- ~3 weeks after it said Production Began, once production began it went to `Dispatched from Factory` status in about ~5 days
- ~2 weeks it sit on the port at Bremerhaven.
- On January 26th it said in Transit, Called genius on February 1st said car left the port on January 30th and told me it is expected to arrive here west coast on February 28th, OMG!!!

- I have the ship name and number etc. I am tracking but oh lord it's in english channel right now.....

I don't know what's going on but in total I have been waiting for 86 days as of February 1st 2021. In total it's likely that it will be 130 days before I see it in front of my eyes
If you live in USA and ordering G20, it will be manufactured in Mexico (most cases). I have got my G20 xdrive back in Nov 2020, that was manufactured in Mexico. Even my dealer wasn't aware of this, he was saying it is coming from Germany, but when I called the Genius and did some research in this forum & tracking the shipment it was confirmed that it's made in Mexico.

Unless in 2021 they have made any changes in where G20 will be manufactured.
Appreciate 0