Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
I have a very strong feeling that the M340i will have sub 4 second 0-60 times - even closer to 3.6-3.8 seconds. With the numbers this engine is putting out, and what with BMW usually underrating its engines - even 3.5 is not out of the realm of possibility in automotive journalists like C&Ds hands
I was thinking maybe lower 3 seconds or perhaps upper 2 seconds too. No harm dreaming!!
If BMW officially says 4.2, just wait for the motoring press tests. Sub 4s for sure.
Well when BMW says 4.2 it will be 4.2 for most people except the one odd outlier that posts the exceptional results in forums and makes it appear that all the cars are underrated.
Second, for a lot of people 91 octane is the most they can get. A lot of the dynos and results that are posted are with 93 octane that can make a difference. For e.g folks in AZ or CA don't get 93 at most pumps.
Another point is that these car journalists will often post those 0-60 with 1 foot roll out which is not what BMW uses, so comparing those numbers are like apples and oranges.
Finally, I have a strong suspicion that the 4.2s number is for the xdrive. For the RWD (that I believe a lot of the enthusiasts may be interested in) will have something like a 4.4s. Now even 4.4s is not bad at all- it's just that let's not make it appear better that what it really is.
In Europe they measure 0-100 kph which is equivalent to 62mph small difference which can result tens or two. Main page shows 4.2 0-60mph provisionally.
Besides that 4.2 sec. It's really good number, mine E90 M3 couldn't make this number, even mine F80 MT barely could make it.
AWD is what I love because you don't struggle with traction.
The M340 Xi will be a beast with tune and other mods