View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

I agree with what the others before offered.

Find a dealer you are comfortable with and talk with them. Do they have an allocation? Maybe one they’ve already ordered for inventory that can still be changed to meet your specs? That’s what I did. I changed up about half the specs and when they changed the order to a sold car the computer moved production of that unit up by three weeks.

After you get it specked out, and even if you lease, negotiate price by percentage off of the MSRP. You be able to negotiate between 6-10% off right now but maybe little more in the spring after they’ve been out a while.

Most dealers I know will want a small deposit. All three in my market wanted $500 but it’s actually refundable so no big deal. I understand because you may be wanting to order something that is not necessarily an easy sell in your market if you back out, so they want you really be committed to “your” car.

I ordered mine on 8/1, the factory accepted the order on 8/22, the VIN was assigned on 9/3 and it entered production on 9/11. It was shipped by rail on 9/16 to the port where it arrived on 9/18 and is now awaiting a ship to Baltimore which should be this week. I expect to be driving it by late October.

It appears that any MPerformance parts or accessories will not be available to order until mid October 24th which is the “official” launch date. I’m hoping they pop up sooner so I can order a few items to install myself.

Good luck with the purchase.
Appreciate 1