02-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Depends whats already in your preworkout, if it doesnt have it I'd throw in some beta-alanine. If the goal is strength probably wouldn't hurt to throw in some creatine. 5-10gs of BCAAs dependent on how intense your workouts are, relatively cheap addition. Think I just picked up 100 servings for like $13. Lots of eggs and peanut butter!!
its been a while since i've looked at the label, but i'm pretty sure the preworkout has beta alanine in it... bcaa's on the regular with my fishoil and broccoli extract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Op...everyone will chime in on this with different suggestions. I do agree your age and body type are important here.

As for me, once I hit 40 I added HMB into my regimen. I was afraid of losing muscle getting older as many 40+ men do.

HMB is needed by the body to help protect and repair muscle tissue. It slows muscle protein breakdown and speeds up protein synthesis. And most importantly preserves the structural integrity of your muscle cells.

I have been taking it for over 6 years and combined with Squatting, Deadlifting and pressing has enabled me to retain my size and strength well past my mid 40s! Hope this helped
i'm about to be 32. slim and fit, but not lean by any stretch. no real goal body wise. i just enjoy lifting. i'm looking for suggestions like what you shared- HMB. i'm going to look into it.