Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
The USMC trade deal forces Mexico to increase the salary of workers to be more in line with USA and Canada. As a result, this is less of an issue now. That, in my opinion, was the greatest accomplishment of the USMC for the USA (and Mexican workers)
The reality is that it will change nothing, as evidenced by no major factory leaving Mexico for the US.
The cost to just shut down a factory and rebuild one in the US wouldn't have a payback obviously. The future construction is where the intent lies (in addition to raising the standard of living). 2,500 employees at that location according to the article.

All that being said I am sure the product will be very similar, at least in time. But to me certain purchases, like a car, are based on more factors. I like my Italian food from Italy, and my German cars from Germany. I like that regions have identities that they are known for, and part of paying that premium in purchase price is folded into that. I'm not saying it would stop me from purchasing the next M3 if I fall in love with it, but doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
Appreciate 2