Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathys View Post
So it seems they did not restrict the Supra/Z4 as much and they are running M340i numbers. I would say the M340i runs a little higher, but not over 400.
There's a video of a m340i xDrive drag racing a M2 Comp.. and it was a dead tie... not only does the M340i have what 40 less horsepower?? It also weighs more than a M2, It would be interesting to see the numbers.
If the m340i in that race was xdrive, it could have contributed to its performance as well. Depending on the state of the track, temperature, tires, etc, the m2 will probably take longer to gain traction.
Yeah the M340i was on a moist part of the track M2 was on dry cement.. M2 actually jumped off the line quicker but the quick shifts of the M340i forced a tie... than again on the rolling drag the M2 mopped the floor with the M340i.. I'll link video check it out

That makes sense. That was my next question, whether the m2 was a manual.

* To the 6MT enthusiasts, I'm not implying that the manual is inferior, only that the ZF8 and DCT can shift more quickly than the average driver can with a manual. Of course winning a drag race, or any other type of race on a track, isn't the only way to enjoy a car either.
Appreciate 0