View Single Post
      07-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #13
Magicmarker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I agree. I go into any conversation with a deal sheet already built in Excel/Numbers and I know what is reasonable and achievable from all the great information in these forums.

In my most recent deal (this past couple weeks) - I had all the numbers in front of me and I was very open with the CA about this. I did have to call them out on a marked up MF and their paperwork took me 2 days, several emails with sales manager, and one phone call to understand. This was frustrating but I got through it.

Once the numbers lined up with my deal sheet, I pulled the trigger immediately.

Ended up with >12% off MSRP (dealer discount + BMW incentives). This was before tax. (TX requires sales tax paid upfront, not rolled into payment.)

If you know your numbers, it's mostly pain-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The easiest way to get the price you want is prove to sales that the price is possible and makes sense. Simple as that. The easiest way to not get what you want is say I want 10% off because some random guy on the internet got it.

I think thats what most people who frequent this forum do because they don't know how a deal is structured financially to calculate what amounts are possible and/or too lazy to calculate anything so they go in saying they want x or y because the internet said so.
2020 M340i

Last edited by Magicmarker; 07-03-2019 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: added info about needing to escalate to sales manager, CA didn't fully understand the numbers.
Appreciate 0