View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #31
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the 41 miles. I had originally opted for the SE with 17 inch in silver but the M Sport with the option of blue was too tempting . So will just pay the higher tax but worth it I think.

My current C300h is about £330 tax, the M Sport £220 and the SE £110, so regardless once the 330e arrives the tax reduces plus it is a better car.

My C300h is an estate too, just reached the end of its 4 year lease. No real problems, the brakes failed once, which was unnerving, luckily going up a car park ramp. The only other problem was the sunroof coming off its rails. Took three weeks to get parts so ended up in a BMW 335d courtesy of Mercedes Uk which was a fun experience and helped influence my choice of the 330e. The biggest disappointment with the C300h wAs the ride and handling. It is a heavy car, about 150kg than the 330e, that along with comfort suspension that let it wallow around made it little fun to drive. Very poor that you had to have so much done to your Mercedes, two new batteries must have cost Mercedes a lot to replace plus the hassle for you

I have only tested a 330i with 19 inch wheels and adaptive so the 330e with 18 inch without adaptive may be a touch hard. My only other experience is our other car which is a 420d with 19 inch which is definitely too hard, particularly on the cobbles that we have in Edinburgh.

Have you gone for the adaptive?
Appreciate 0