View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #32
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Thanks for the confirmation regarding the 41 miles. I had originally opted for the SE with 17 inch in silver but the M Sport with the option of blue was too tempting . So will just pay the higher tax but worth it I think.

My current C300h is about £330 tax, the M Sport £220 and the SE £110, so regardless once the 330e arrives the tax reduces plus it is a better car.

My C300h is an estate too, just reached the end of its 4 year lease. No real problems, the brakes failed once, which was unnerving, luckily going up a car park ramp. The only other problem was the sunroof coming off its rails. Took three weeks to get parts so ended up in a BMW 335d courtesy of Mercedes Uk which was a fun experience and helped influence my choice of the 330e. The biggest disappointment with the C300h wAs the ride and handling. It is a heavy car, about 150kg than the 330e, that along with comfort suspension that let it wallow around made it little fun to drive. Very poor that you had to have so much done to your Mercedes, two new batteries must have cost Mercedes a lot to replace plus the hassle for you

I have only tested a 330i with 19 inch wheels and adaptive so the 330e with 18 inch without adaptive may be a touch hard. My only other experience is our other car which is a 420d with 19 inch which is definitely too hard, particularly on the cobbles that we have in Edinburgh.

Have you gone for the adaptive?
Ha, sunroof coming off its rails!? I had that too, I think. It got stuck partially closed on one side and open on the other. I had to get it recovered for fear of the glass shattering, we were 150 miles away from home in Derbyshire at the time!? It also took 3-4 weeks to get fixed, I had to made do with a manual Passat, with no cruise that I had to pick up from Manchester airport, you did well!? :-)

Also had the electric boot fail, the central locking play up, water in the rear lights, the Command system used to reboot every week or so (they never fixed that) and yep the original battery only lasted 10k miles and the replacement similar, it basically stopped going into electric drive at all, despite the diagnostic “computer” saying it was all fine. I quite liked the AMG suspension set up but yes, it wasn’t a car you could hassle too much. Interesting that they’ve stopped making it. For some reason the current C-class is way expensive on our car list, mine had the Premium Plus pack but now all I could get would be a C220d spec’d to the same. Can only assume depreciation/discounting is hitting the residuals. Anyway, I wouldn’t get another one given my reliability issues!? I also ran a 2004 c270CDI that was even more unreliable but my 2008 CLS 320CDi (with Brabus :-) ) was great. Go figure...

Yeah I’ve reluctantly gone for the M Sport Plus pack to get adaptive. I’d rather have spent the money on a sunroof and keyless entry but to be fair they do look good and all indications are that it sorts out the ride, I’ve not actually tried one. Have managed to squeeze in the HK audio, storage pack, some wood trim and Driver Pro assistance before hitting my company’s uplift limit!? I’ve also gone for the blue, with the tan interior to try and lighten things up. Was contemplating the orange but I think it might grate after a while. I’m gonna get complaints from the kids when it arrives, they’ve been used to a panoramic roof on our last 3 cars and the charcoal headlining will make it feel dark. They’ll have to suck it up and revel in the eco-ness...

I was only paying £200/month BIK tax when I first got the 300h, they’ve really hoiked up the %. At least M Sport BIK should drop a bit in 2020/21 :-) I’m still not 100% convinced on what BMW have told me...
Appreciate 1