07-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
Weiner0123
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i. 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I got a loaner the other day from BMW while mine was in the shop. A very very fast car. 0-120 MPH is very very fast and the car is very planted. Brakes are very good also. Only problem is door issue steering wheel issue. If you have an eye for detail you will spot these two defects. The steering wheel issue is the major engineering defect issue. It's quite obvious for anyone with a good eye. One other bad part is fuel economy if you are on it will drop to around 14.2 MPG in the city. My current car is a 328D which gets around 34-35 MPG in the city and mid to upper 40's on highway. The new M340i is much faster and more quiet. It consumes twice as much fuel in the city but is not twice as fast. Definitely much faster though but not twice as fast nor does it have twice the top speed either. I do wish they sold it with the newer 6 cylinder Diesel engine. That would have been quite nice
I kinda agree about the gas mileage, there's a huge amount of consumption when your giving er, I went for a group cruise and after 30 mins of fun driving I already burned through half my tank... again tho worth the smiles it put on my face
, but it's pretty good in comfort I find
Appreciate 0