View Single Post
      05-09-2020, 04:38 AM   #45
el_macc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

That's sounds painfully loud. Not the good kinda loud. Very raspy and tinny. I feel like BMW is getting a little too burble pop fart crazy w their cars now. Even (IMO) with the new M5 it sounds amazing but can be a bit too much w the pops Nd burbles for a stock exhaust. How come they can't get it to a more AMG like deep growl tone? Benz also uses turbos now in their AMGs nd still gets them to sound like Harleys. I have a straight piped N55 which sounds amazing maybe a bit of drone when driving in comfort mode but I love it even when it was stock it had a great tone. And w/ my 2018 X5M there's no pops and burbles but it has a nice deep tone especially on sport w WOT.

I gotta say the new M340 has grown on me. My neighbor has a light grey one (sick color btw Similar to Nardo Grey) w a front lip and I think it looks a lot better in person. But the base line 330 is a total fail IMO.

Also I was watching Donut Media on YouTube. They showed a 1000 hp Supra build and from what they showed the B58 Engine is crazy. Idk if the B58 in the Supra is exactly the same as it is on the F series and G series 340i's but if so it's insanely capable. They were calling it the modern 2JZ equivalent.
Appreciate 0