View Single Post
      08-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #43
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
One more thing. Enjoy your Subaru now because when cars go electric Subaru will lose everything that separates them from other manufactures and they will be forced to sell vehicles on merit only not catchy slogans like "symmetrical AWD" which won't fly when they are using the same electric motors for the front and back as everyone else. They had a really good run this last decade but it's the golden age for Subaru.
That's a bit naive, Subaru is investing in automatic driving technology and safety features. I think their secondary niche or the one just as powerful as their "AWD" is the general "safety features". They tend to do very well with crash tests and I tend to think of them as a "lower-cost" Volvo. As long as they keep the development and progress in this area, they'll have a niche and market most likely. Something like a Forester is kind of the new old-person car, where they would have bought an old land-yacht 20 years ago, now they can be more upright, see more, have some of the auto-driving features, etc.