08-18-2019, 11:22 AM   #1
joepimentel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Blacking Out My M340: Good-Bye Cerium Grey

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I love my M340 but like many people here I hate the Cerium Grey on it so when I ordered mine in Black Sapphire Metallic I knew I wanted to get rid of anything in Cerium and go for a blacked out look. I ordered painted badges, logos, wheel caps and reflectors from Ind-Distribution IND-Distribution , and mirror caps and bumper intake accents from PARTS@STBMW. I spent yesterday swapping everything out, then took her for a wash today.

Here are some photos (linked to higher quality versions):

xDrive Badge Before (Cerium Grey)
View post on imgur.com

xDrive Badge After (Remove)
View post on imgur.com

M340 Badge Before (Cerium Grey)
View post on imgur.com

M340 Badge After (Painted)
View post on imgur.com

Wheel Caps Before (Silver Edge)
View post on imgur.com

Wheel Caps After (Painted Edge)
View post on imgur.com

Front Reflector (Painted)
View post on imgur.com

Front Roundel Logo (Painted Edge)
View post on imgur.com

Rear Roundel Logo (Painted Edge)
View post on imgur.com

Mirror Caps Before (Cerium Grey)
View post on imgur.com

Mirror Caps After (BSM)
View post on imgur.com

Bumper Intake Accents Before (Cerium Grey)
View post on imgur.com

Bumper Intake Accents After (Gloss Black)
View post on imgur.com

Getting Her Washed
View post on imgur.com

Cleaned
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

The last planned change is to have the black M340 mesh grill installed. I ended up with the black slat grill but the mesh grill was promised to me by my CA / dealer so they're working with BMW NA and BMW Canada to get it for me. The black mesh grill is being installed for me in the next couple of weeks.

I also want to get tints but NY recently basically banned all tints and will fail annual inspections if you have them on. I have a PBA card and mini badge for if I get pulled over but that doesn't help with inspections. Trying a legal way (medical exemption) around this.

Thanks to vicfalc09 for his guide and help on removing the mirror caps and front bumper intake accents, and to Britney at PARTS@STBMW for the painted mirror caps. Once I get the final touches applied I plan on taking some higher quality photos of my M340 around NYC.

Last edited by joepimentel; 08-19-2019 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Typos, Corrected Image URLs
Appreciate 9