DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepimentel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Kind of, unfortunately if you're remotely following the plot, BMW has pasted the M badge on just about every vehicle they manufacture. Just me expressing my dissatisfaction with the watered down badging. If it helps, I do like your auto
Thank you. Yeah, they started it in the late 70s with the M535 and its progressed since then. It's pure marketing and it works, that's why MB is doing it with their AMG brand as well. We all know that the M badge changes nothing tangible about a car (it's the components that matter) -- but it's the brilliance of marketing that makes people feel a certain way. Your M3 is an amazing car. The M340 is an amazing car. And neither are because of the badging. Albeit they're different -- with different pros and cons. And I'm sure the new M3 is going to be amazing as well.

At the end of the day I'm just happy to be driving a BMW (as opposed to some beater or super basic car). Growing up poor a BMW was my dream car, and this is now my 3rd. Maybe after I'm done with this lease and the new M3s are out for some time I'll opt for that. But I'll be doing so not because it's an "M" per se but because each time I go for a new BMW I crave a little more and more power.
Great reply! All seriousness, it's a great car and I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive. Let me warn you though, once the addiction starts, it never ends. Take care my friend and drive safe
Appreciate 1