06-28-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Midlo_Man View Post
So with the latest generation having the benefit of over-the-air (OTA) updates, what types of things can we expect updates for from BMW? Will they keep it fresh, and introduce things like gauge-cluster modifications? Maybe a reconsideration of the map being the only item you can have central in the display? Added features within iDrive 7.0? Additional Turn signal options (maybe a 5-blink option)? Not sure an OTA engine remap is possible outside of the electrified car-world, but hey - a guy could dream.

It's unclear to me, as an owner, what we should expect, any thoughts from anyone on this? Or just share your hopes for what you would most-love to see out of an OTA Update?
Expect little and be surprised if BMW pushes new features. OTA upgrades (other than map) is new for BMW. I suspect they'll tread lightly and focus more on bug fixes and minor improvements.

I do expect at some point they'll offer some paid window dressing through the Connected Drive store. Maybe dash themes, for instance.

Enjoy what you've got, especially your car. IDrive is hopefully a very small reason why you drive a BMW.