View Single Post
      01-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #54
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
Are you able to confirm that you're in sport plus? I know that the sport-individual settings can get reset after updating so it may be worth a look if you drive in Ind. I still have yet to update for this reason but some are reporting changes and others aren't.
Yes, sports plus confirmed. It used to burble, pop and bang (bang = loud pops). Now it just burbles with occasional muffled pops. Definitely no more bangs. Like I said, I take a very repetitive route to work with no traffic and I always experience the same speeds/conditions/shifts. This is how I know it's not my imagination. If I had to pin a number to it, I would say it's 1/3rd as loud as it used to be.

The car's performance doesn't appear to be neutered though. However I have found myself recently needing to use the paddle shifter for better 1st to 2nd gear shifts to prevent revhang with dynamic traction enabled (PS4S tires)... which I had never needed to do before. I suppose the weather is too cold and cold tire/road traction limitations sort of stop me from doing an apples to apples comparison in that regard.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe that's the reason why BMW waited for the winter to release their software in North America. They figured people are babying their cars for the winter and won't notice a change in exhaust and performance. By the time spring/summer arrive with optimal driving conditions, people will have adapted without realizing the car's dynamics are reduced.
Appreciate 2