03-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #92
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Furby View Post
What's with all the hate on AWD?

Give me a break already. Many of the super/hyper cars are AWD. The current gen M3 (competition) can't lay down all the power to the rear wheels without causing some spin. I track my car and it annoys me that after a curve I can't plant the pedal all the way down without worrying if spin (aka loss of power, loss of acceleration, loss of speed, loss of TRACTION ) will occur. Or how about the spin on a dead start...So great, 444 HP, but can't put it all down because the rear wheels can't handle it.

AWD will mean a slightly heavier car (if you are that concerned, go on a diet and change your seats to race car seats ), and it will mean all the power gets planted to the ground.

Do people not remember the 0-60 times of the 335xi vs 335i? Which was quicker? That's right, the XI. Most tracks that I go on are too short to enjoy max speed, and many have lots of curves (just the way I like them ) which means, 0-60 and 0-100 times are more important than top speed (We the People of the United States of America do not have an unrestricted highway ).

Now, if you want to complain about something: Lack of ventilated seats. When tracking my car the windows MUST be rolled down, and it's hot outside. I'd like my bootay to not be hot. Vent my BOOTAY
I can’t believe how many people appreciated this post.
Appreciate 5