Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I think you need to go back and re-read this thread.
Agree, I sense some users are so out of date to what BMW have been doing for a few years. Plus a different finish doesn't mean cost cutting, or a cheaper finish.

Some need to take a closer look at other BMW models, including above the 3 series level. Even models like my 2011 build F11 5-series has a harder feeling lower door card/pocket finish. It is not rigid plastic, is textured and has yield to it, but is hard wearing. The F10 received praise for its quality finish when launched.
I can confirm the bottom section of the door cards are soft touch plastic in my G30 and the door pockets have a very nice high quality lining.

The G30 interior is a very nice place to be thanks to its high quality cabin materials and meticulous finish.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0