bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
I've been lurking this thread too many times today for initial feedback on the Dinan ��
I got the tuned DME back, and installed it easy, but I'm going to have to hold off on a review for a bit until I resolve another problem. I'm really not too sure if it's an issue with the tune or with my car.

The sport display is confirming peaks of 305 HP, and 350 TQ, and the car sounds great - much louder, and IMO great tone, but I did a couple of 0-60 and 60-80 runs, and I was surprised the car really doesn't feel much faster. I tried some unofficial timings, and the acceleration seems the same. ~5.3 second (0-60), and 3.4ish sec 60-80 MPH - so traction doesn't seem to be the problem. No MISFIRES, by the way. Even stranger, the throttle response seems to have gotten a little bit worse than stock. Under light throttle application and there is very little reaction from the car.

Again, I really don't think it's an issue with the tune, mainly because of the fact the gauges are confirming higher output.
I tried to work out the problem, with my limited experience, and could only come up with a few possible explanations:

1) The tune is actually achieving the higher hp/tq peaks , but the power/torque increase isn't being applied with consistency

2) The transmission is in some type of (partial?) limp mode (maybe related to my previous tune with DME Tuning) and is preventing from the application of power to the rear wheels.

3) Heat soak?

4) Exhaust leak(s)?

I talked to Dinan, and they will provide some feedback hopefully today or tomorrow. If any of you have any feedback or suggestions, please share !!!
I believe the remapped gauges are just coding, in theory they could code them to say 500 hp if they desired. So I wouldn't focus on that too much IMO.

Sorry it's not been a smooth process for you, we all appreciate you being the Guinea pig and helping to smooth out the kinks for the rest of us

Since Dinan's R&D car hasn't had any issues I am thinking it's something going on with your car, like you said. Hope they can figure it out in short order.
Appreciate 0