View Single Post
      09-12-2023, 04:49 PM   #399
jrkarger
Rep
Drives: M440

Garage List
Last week we picked up a 2023 Portimão Blue M440 to replace/upgrade our totaled F32.

After about a week of having the vehicle we are absolutely thrilled. It is a fantastic car. Pics below are from the dealer on delivery day and once we pulled it into the garage for the first time.

I am especially proud of the garage pic. You'll notice the poster of a blue E46 M3 in the top right corner. Here is a bit of a back story as to why I am over the moon. I loved the black F32, but the blue M (I know it's M-Lite but still) has to be one of my all-time if not THE dream car. It's been so since I was in high school. A guy on my football team drove around school in a blue 1998 E36 M3. Forever, I've thought that car was amazing. That's not to say I'm not like every other dude who grew up in the 80's and 90's and can list off all the usually suspects when it comes to dream cars:

Steve McQueen's 1968 Mustang GT
Bo Duke's 1969 General Lee Dodge Charger
Burt Reynolds' 1977 Pontiac Trans Am
Doc Brown's DeLorean
Wooderson's 1970 Chevelle SS 454 from Dazed and Confused
Bill Paxton's 1995 Dodge Ram (middle school jrkarger thought that was the most bad ass truck ever!)

With all of that said, my buddy's 98 M3 I thought was incredible, and still being a practical daily driver. I always told myself... someday. A few years later I went to the annual auto-show and grabbed the E46 M3 poster and tacked it up in my dorm room. I'd head out to class and still tell myself... someday. Well, someday has come and there is a blue M in my garage.

I have already ordered floor mats. It was at the window tint shop today. After that, quad tips are going on. I doubt many mods after that. We'll see.
Attached Images

2015 Jeep WK2; Black Pearlcoat; “New Chiefy”
1988 LeBaron Convertible 2.2 Turbo; Red/White; “Foxy”
Appreciate 1
Llarry16400.50