View Single Post
      08-09-2023, 05:07 AM   #24
Surge_Joebot
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbost View Post
I'm sure you are excited beyond belief mate. Thank you for your views, I really appreciate it. I too was told that I had to have a home charger which would have been difficult as I'm on a street but then they changed their minds and said I didn't have to have one so the 330e was a goer!

I too can't wait till it bloody arrives 12 months later!
Just so you know, you can drive this car never having to plug it in. The energy recuperation when you drive is sport/xtraboost is great. I've had a Mercedes a250e for a bit and they weren't great at this. Now and again I'd have to charge. But you never have to worry with the 330e. If it starts dropping on you just whack it in xtraboost if you're on a bit of a drive and throw the cruise control on and it will recharge it fairly quickly. Granted you take a hit with your mpg but that's the case with charging on the go with any hybrid.

The hybrid system on this car is the most seamless I've had in any hybrid I've owned so far. So nice. If you configure the "sport individual" mode to...

Steering - comfort
Drivetrain - sport
Transmission - sport

It's sublime to potter around in. Power when you need it but mainly low revs. Seamless gear changes/zero drama. Hardly any loss in electric range. And you can get 40mpg on fairly long drives 40-60 mins average 50mph.
Appreciate 0