View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 05:10 AM   #1
Carbon dude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320D 2019, current M340i

Advice on potential purchase

Hi all,

I currently have a g20 which is going back after finding substantial repaired accident damage. Having just purchased it before lockdown.

I have found another car that ticks the boxes, however given my prior experience of my current car, I have went through the prospective car with a magnifying glass.

The front left passenger door was jutting out slightly when it closes and I saw a small section of the rubber frame seal was folded in, where it meets the sill and inside of the car.

Secondly the front reg plate has been re-positioned above the original drill holes. So the top part of the plate cover a few cms of the bottom area of the grill. Very odd positioning.

I have been told that both have been rectified, the kicker plate has been adjusted and the reg plate moved back to the original position.

My concerns are why we're both like this, is there a reason why the kicker need adjustment? Prior work, damage? Same goes for the front reg plate, why would they not use the original screw points?

There's no record of repairs and there's no indication of any, no resprays etc.

I might be looking into it too much giving my experience with my current car. However any advice from more technical minded folk will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Ash_0.00