07-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #75
mlavio829
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Apologies, but I'm not totally sure what you mean by Mini Fuse and ATO. We may have slightly different names here in the Weirdness of Oz.

However, have you considered simply cutting off the Mini Fuse (I assume this is the wire from your dashcam battery) and tapping into the wire and fuse box with a dual fuse jumper connector? This is way I installed on my car and it has worked flawlessly.

You should be able to buy a range of dual fuse jumper connectors from any decent automotive store.

BTW, what battery are you using? I remember that the Cellink Neo6 is supplied with three different sized dual fuse jumpers.......one of those definitely works in the G20.

Seems there are 2 main types of fuses in the rear. One is of the mini size and another is of the bigger size (ATO or ATC fuse).
F273 is used here which is the bigger fuse.
Unfortunately, I only have a mini fuse tap so I can't use F273. It was recommended by the vendor to use the mini fuse but they were unable to recommend a specific fuse to use. They recommended using a voltage tester to determine the best fuse. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0