Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincechase View Post
I feel its fairly fast for a 4 cylinder for sure but idk if it cuts it. I feel they may have underpowered it alot to make room for m340 m3 buyers for sure.
Being careful not to cannibalize offerings in your own line up is a pretty tough balancing act. Enacting a price point that doesn't jive with competitor products or performance or options, and you could have a real failure on your hands at no real fault of the product itself; just a victim of economics.

Anyway, I have to comment here: I've had an M340i for about 7 months now, and drove a loaner 330i for a few days recently. Gotta say, I was really impressed. That ~300 lb of torque really comes online very early, and I couldn't believe how responsive the throttle was, never left wanting for power even at freeway speeds. In all honesty, it felt (and I may catch some flak for this) as smooth and immediate as my 2016 535i M Sport.
I hear ya but I feel my 17' 335 was way faster and powerful I mean it was a in line 6 but I feel usually when new models. One out of the 328,330 they are almost or close to as fast as previous 335 etc. for example

I just feel like the new 340 blows the 330 out the box by a long shot. Makes me feel like I'm standing still lol.

But al land all the g20 330 is a great car and most the time I feel it has way more then I'll ever need. Until I come face to face with a 340 or 335 or something was some decent power and I'm left in the dust and don't even feel like I put up a fight which is what gets to me.
Appreciate 1
ztech132.00