View Single Post
      08-23-2020, 09:44 PM   #26
BMW11
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340

oh no, the reason I asked was because I was driving in sport plus all day about 50 miles total mixed city and highway. I had it on sport plus the last time I ran it for very short distance just to try it, and it saved that setting when I started it up today, I thought it was in sport individual but it was actually in sport plus. I didn't even realize it until I got home music was loud. In hindsight I did notice it seemed more peppy today then usual. Hope I didn't cause damage. I looked in the owners manual and it did not say to avoid sport plus mode during break-in period... I did not notice if I went past 4500rpm because it's hard to see it on the stupid tach (red against red going backwards) with bright sunshine in my eyes. I know I didn't exceed 60-65 mph and didn't do any fast launches but I did exit highways and don't know how much the revs climbed up to while it downshifted from 65 to 30mph on exit ramps... How worried should I be about this? Hope I did not ruin anything in the B58 because I am still in the middle of break in period. I'm mad at myself for not realizing this before it was too late to stop. When I got home and radio was off as I pulled into garage I saw sport plus instead of sport individual and my nice ride put a frown on my face when I saw sport plus I was like oh no my poor motor what did I do to you. Listening to rock and roll music loud didn't help me any in hearing the revs...

Last edited by BMW11; 08-23-2020 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 1