BLU135i
Senior Chief Petty Officer USN
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Oh boy, here we go again.

Where do I start? With the poor build quality, that hideous front end, that 'squat on the floor' rear seat, or the generic Corolla looks? Or that inert, no roar driving experience? What Tesla owners like OP need to realize is that we BMW enthusiasts buy Bimmers because of their soul - not to go from Point A to Point B fast.

Nothing against Model 3 buyers - let them be the guinea pigs while Musk learns mass production. And battery technology improves sufficiently when I can charge to a full charge in 5 minutes. Till then I will hear my TwinPower Turbo roar and the exhaust burble as I take the twisters where ever I can find them.
I don't get the "charge in less than 5 minutes argument. An electric car is like going out to your garage every morning to find a vehicle with a full gas tank. Most people don't drive over 300 miles every day before returning to their house. To me this isn't a valid argument. But then again it's all subjective. I agree the Model3 leaves a lot to be desired, but that is where I, as an avid car enthusiast with a history of buying BMW wish they would get with the inevitable.
Appreciate 0