View Single Post
      01-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #106
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
I had a deposit for 1.5 years and then canceled as I learned more about design and assembly. Suggest looking at other BEV choices coming soon, such as BMW i4 or Polestar Model 2. Tesla designed an excellent powertrain with a disappointing car around it. After closely examining some showroom models, I was convinced they need a generation or two and some experienced engineers for Body in White, electronics, and seating to help with the replacement model.
Nope, nothing disappointing about a strong chassis. Check out Munroe Associates tear down of model 3, all Sandy Munroe could complain about is how much money they spent on building the car. As far as I am concerned, an over engineered chassis that weight couple hundred pounds too much is not a bad thing as a consumer, especially since the car handles like a BMW should. I couldn't find a safer car. The cooling system is an engineering marvel. The electronics is simple with less harness than a Honda Civic. The Model 3 is a real engineer's dream. So what they over-built the chassis, I say bravo and lucky for all the owners.

I returned the first one with 100% full refund including taxes and fees. There was a scratch and some panel issues, nothing that can't be fixed. Just make sure you get a good one. Most buyers don't care because they are upgrading from 2008 Subaru Outback or 2012 Honda Civic, but I am too critical couldn't stand looking at uneven panel gaps.