View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 12:41 AM   #26
Nabzpv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘13 328i, ‘16 535i, ‘20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregeas View Post
I was wondering about that as my car is in service for the second time in two months of ownership: at what point does BMW have to get you a fully functioning car? I believe I bought one of the first M340s in the NYC area, and one of my weird theories is that it's more of a prototype than a consumer-facing vehicle. We'll see what happens when I get it back tomorrow. Whatever they are doing is taking more than one day.
I don’t know the law in NY, but CA’s ‘reasonable standard’ is usually triggered by 30 consecutive days in service and 3 repairs. I easily met both of those, but I didn’t want to go through lemon litigation—I also kind of expected BMW to want to make it right, especially because this is my 6th. But nope, I had to get aggressive to get anything at all. They wanted to give me a cheaper car and have me walk away

But yeah, my SA told me that they’ve had quite a few problems with the new tech in the G20s, and we both hypothecated exactly what you are. Even my replacement has the center speaker rattle in sport. At least my Bluetooth works now...?
Appreciate 1