Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3ung View Post
My Fuse Assignments are:

*For BATT - Fuse 38 (Empty) - Assigned to NFC Charging
->Slotted a 5A & 3A fuse to the fuse tap.

*For ACC - Fuse 71 - (Occupied) - Assigned to Ambient Lighting
->Slotted the existing 5A fuse and added the 3A fuse to the fuse tap

*For GROUND - Drilled a small hole the size of a #12 bolt into the metal bracket which holds the Airbag (See image). There is a screw and nut which holds one side of the airbag to the bracket, but I discovered you can't take the screw off or get enough space in between to slip the ground wire in. No other metal screws in the vicinity so drilling was my only option.
Heya

I bought the same dash cam you have, after reading many positive reviews about it. I haven't bought the fuse taps and 3 wire hardwire kit yet. Did you buy the Viofo HK3ACC kit?

Also. Did you just drill the screw into the metal and screw the ground in there? No nuts behind it and the screw doesn't make contact with anything else? I'm worried about drilling, especially into a metal airbag holder of all things I was hoping for another ground option but you said there wasn't any. Which socks.

Did you notice any issue so far with regards to the car battery draining and such? I read about others saying the car started becoming cranky because of the extra load and stuff.

Edit - Did you try the screw I’ve circled in yellow (screenshot from your video on YouTube)? Or did that have the same issue as the airbag screw?

In the second video where you show how you’ve routed the wire, did you have to remove any of the trims? Other than the one below the dashboard for the fuse box
Attached Images

2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 08-19-2020 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0