View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 09:17 AM   #63
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

I was firmly in the Tesla Model 3 camp for my first EV. Now, I'm not so sure. While the front grille is a rather radical departure from what we are accustom to, I still like everything about the car. I'd like to see the clear roof go away from the production car, but they keep everything else. I like the concept car's color and interior enough to order my car w/ that combination.

If the range is comparable to the Tesla (Long Range) Model 3 (350+ miles) and the pricing is comparable, I'm in on the BMW. I like the fact that BMW elected to integrate some dials, and buttons into their design rather than Tesla's "everything on the screen approach". I'm not a sedan fan, but the Tesla doesn't offer a 2 dr. option either. I think 4 doors is what we are going to see in all initial releases. I find the i4 profile to look quite sporty to my eye.

I still have a few questions that need answering before going "all in" on the i4. Actual pricing, battery lifespan, warranty and storage space come immediately to mind.

I do find it amusing that much of the negative I hear on this forum is similar to what was being parroted on the Corvette C8 forum before it's introduction.

There certainly is a market for an EV comparable (pricing and range) to the Tesla Model 3. If what is being presented in the i4 videos is accurate, this car could steal a large chunk of the Model 3's market share.
Appreciate 0