View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #69
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Looking at his sig, he has a 911 GTS, so the sea-sucker was probably the only option for him, I sure wouldn't want to put even more weight on the rear end of a 911! The tone of his post though that having a hitch-rack (that comes off) is some sort of a big drag was just hilarious, given the disadvantages of the last-resort sea-sucker.

The execuhitches on the BMWs are very nice, I had one of those too. It wasn't that bad to install, popping off the body panels is probably the biggest deal, cutting the heat-shield back a bit wasn't bad, but once it's on, damn, it's slick. Total stealth.
Yeah, I pop my platform rack on and off even though it'll fold up near the plane of the rear bumper to minimize how far it's sticking out. But I choose to just remove it. Bit of a pain but I deal with it.

Another reason to go with a hitch type transporter is security. I looked at the Sea-sucker products briefly and I don't see any security methods to prevent someone from just popping the things off of the car to steal what ever is mounted to them. With hitch transporters, at least you can lock down your bikes and go to a store/restaurant/whatever without too much fear your stuff won't be there when you get back.
Appreciate 0