Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Rob View Post
Blasphemy! Every car guy will tell you, it's a car, not a restaurant! If you want cup holders and automatic transmissions, buy a Honda!

So, my final statement on the transmission. I dont let the car select my radio station or the volume. I dont let the car select the temperature or the window status. I dont let the car select my seat position or height. And i never want the car to steer, brake, or accelerate for me. So, why, in the hell, would I let the car pick the gears for me? Why buy a sports car if it is going to self drive?
All of the things you "dont let the car" do are literally automatic.
You press a button to select the radio station
You press a button to set the volume
You press a button to select the temperature
You press a button to set the window status
You press a button to select your seat position or height
With an automatic transmission with paddle shifters, you press a button to shift. No one is forcing you or advocating that you use the fully automatic mode. So based on your logic, there's no difference between the rest of the automatic things on your car and an automatic transmission w/ paddle shifters.

*insert mic drop here*

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 2
alex23642846.50