Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Europeans actually love SUVs as I understand. It's just that they are way more expensive to buy and to run over there.
Nope. I don't see too many Germans driving large SUV's. Micro ones, yes. X1/X3's. The reason is most Germans park on the street. Try parking an X7 in your typical German parkhaus... it aint't gonna happen. Those park haus's have some tight up/down ramps!! And the parking spaces are small/tight.

I probably see two hundred 3er wagons for every X3 I see on the road. IF a German needs to haul something around... they deploy their car's trailer hitch and hook up a trailer to "do" the hauling job. The don't own huge trucks or SUV's when a car will suffice for 98% of the time.

Dack
Well, the reason they don't buy SUVs in same numbers as people in US is again the overall cost that comes with SUV size car. Everything is more expensive with larger cars: parking, car wash, oil change, gas, tires, etc. if cost wasn't a problem, you would see more of them, and regarding the parking specifically - there are still SUV on the roads and they do park somewhere, so.