View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #91
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I actually find that the Lexus IS (specifically the 350, not the 4 cylinder) is a very nice vehicle. Although tight, and a bit dated and slower than its competitors, I found it to handle corners quite well and actually have better steering feel than the F30.

I just wish Lexus cared enough about their RWD cars (IS,GS) to update them. When these cars were new they were great and towards the top of the class, but years later and Lexus doesn't care enough to update them sadly.
I'll agree 100%. I currently own my second IS350 F-Sport. Wanted an RCF but on my budget, I couldn't justify the expense. My only complaints about these cars are the infotainment system is lackluster, they should have been about 1" to 1.5" lower and the cup holders on the 3rd gens are completely in the wrong place. As far as quickness goes, they are a bit slower than their competitors and I don't disagree with this but they seem faster, to the driver (and passengers) than they really are. For a DD to Joe Consumer this is all that really matters. Unless you're tracking it actual times mean nothing to the owner; it's all in perception.

To be honest, for us to debate which luxury sports car is better than another, based off customer loyalty is somewhat comical. At the end of the day, we all win. It's almost like watching a bunch of people on yachts comparing whose yacht is better than the other while everyone around us either can't afford a boat at all or just happy to have their family in a canoe. These types of conversations I can't have with my co-workers or friends, because they don't own or have never driven cars in the categories of what we drive. Most see our cars as something they aspire to have one day, while we all debate about comfort, driving feel, acceleration etc.
Appreciate 1