07-26-2019, 06:47 AM   #90
optimaxed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymen14 View Post
I posted this in another thread but thought I would add here for people tracking issues.

I had an issue with idrive malfunctioning during carplay use, dropping the connection and the bc stalk concurrently not working. The bc stalk not working was a new one for me after a month of reliable idrive/connected app and CarPlay functionality. Restarted the system and reloaded phone and all is working normal again....

Anyone else have this issue arise?
I have to regularly delete the iPhone and reconnect to get the Car Play functioning ! What a joke....you would have through that Apple and BMW technical teams would have fixed this by now......not clever that BMW is charging an annual $80 fee for Car Play subscription...the more noise we make about these issues the better until they get this fixed.....I'm sure there are many service departments uploading new software, replacing parts of the Nav/Bluetooth system and the warranty costs are mounting....

Its not only the G20s, its happening in X5s and other cars in their range.

Now as for the M340i great car to drive, great performance and economy and its relaxing on the interstate but still fun on little back-country roads..
Appreciate 0