10-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #10
Iworkfuels
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iworkfuels View Post
I will definitely share. I am just in a hurried situation as I can't register or drive it in the UK and the Italian government (bought through BMW Military Sales there) will come for a 32% "import fee" if I don't register it in the UK. I have contacted BMW HQ and they don't recommend the mod so they won't help me. Therefore, I may be forced to sell the car if I can't get this fixed.
My recommendation is to reach out to all the coders on the forums to see if they can figure it out. We have some serious experts around.

This should not call for selling your car. Also, back in the day US State Department and military folks were exempt from local regulations for stuff like this......that must of changed since my time back in the day.
Unfortunately, the SOFA basically says we have to follow host nation laws. There isn't a way around it. I am hoping to find someone who can figure this out. The place that has my car seems to think Tokenmaster's program can do it. But he is MIA even though we followed his instructions.
Appreciate 0