Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
I disagree manual tranny is not a prerequisite. Besides soon you won't get manuals on M cars too. Nowhere is an enthusiast car defined as cars that only has manual transmission. Now if for you that's how you see it, that's a personal perspective. I believe there's a corolla that can still be had with manual today yet nobody would consider a Corolla an enthusiast car. C43 is same price point as M340i so that explanation is nonsense as well.
There are enthusiasts who just like cars as toys and enthusiasts who like cars for driving. You can usually tell the difference as the former will (usually) turn their nose down at older cars and only lease whatever the latest car from their preferred manufacturer. They also tend to be more badge snobs and gravitate towards 0-60 and 1/4mi times. The latter are usually more likely to be open to other manufacturers and not obsess if their car has the latest tech gadget but rather prefer to have a driver focused car.

Also, just because a car HAS a manual doesn't make it an enthusiast car. That last person was just saying that a car had to have a manual to be an enthusiast car. I don't necessarily agree with that, but you are twisting his words and saying something completely different.

I don't have a problem with why you like cars. If you like them to show off that's fine. Cars are cool. Some people like them to work on them and show them off, others like to drive them on a track or on their favorite back roads. I think an automatic car can be an enthusiast model, but just in a different definition than what that other guy might have been saying.

Last edited by upsidedownfunnel; 11-07-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0