View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #8
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
You have a wide variety of prices here, ranging from $55k-$100k depending on options. So that tells me pricing isn't really a concern for you.

If price is not a concern and you want a more luxury focus, I would rank them this way:

1) m550
2) x5 m50i
3) m340

As an owner of both an m340 and an X5, there is a night and day difference between the 2. The m340 is not geared for comfort and luxury. It's by no means a cheap interior, but it also doesn't ooze luxury. The X5 on the other hand, is incredibly luxurious. Soft touch materials everywhere, high quality leather seats, supremely quiet cabin, smooth ride etc. I don't have much experience with the m550, but i'd have to assume it is a good mix of that X5 luxury and that m340 sportiness.

That being said, the m340 does not have a cheap interior. I also have not experienced any issues with rattling. It's much quieter than the f30 in comfort cruising. It's a nice cabin in its own right. The 5 series and x5 just happen to be that much more luxurious.
Interesting comparison re: luxury feel inside. I’m comparing an M440i (when it comes out) vs an X5 40i right now. Coming from several Dodges (along with a Chevy and a Subaru), to me BMW is a step up regardless. But to my untrained eye there didn’t seem to be THAT much of a difference between the X5 and the 3 series.
Appreciate 0