Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlhead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
There is a mandatory recall bulletin out for the camera software. Software update is the only way to fix it. I keep getting an email every other day to bring in the car to update the software but i'm gonna wait till 03/2020 comes out. (i'm on 03/2019)

Your sales guy and service dept seem incompetently clueless. I wouldn't feel comfortable getting my car serviced there if they can't keep track of basic service bulletins. I would find a new service center...
The camera software was one of the items that was being worked on when I brought my car in for service. However, when I asked, I was told it was a separate update from that of iDrive. I clearly got someone that didn't know what he was talking about...
Yes and no.

The camera software fix is a full iStep upgrade. I.E. Reprogram of vehicle modules with newer iStep. Yes, this includes iDrive.

IDrive update, dealer staff may be thinking about remote software update. This type of updating appears to upgrade only certain modules, such as iDrive, Telematics, KOMBI, Driver Assist functions....