United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

In other words, if they intend to go with a pure BEV, there would be no engine, but instead a dual (or triple, or quadruple) motor EV which might still be a two seater with a cab forward design, built on an architecture loosely derived from the i8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
An electric M car, yawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I'm starting to think these hideous grills they're forcing on us are a precursor to nothing but hideously ugly electric cars coming in the future. They're giving us a shot of the nasty now to ease the pain later on. It's the only thing I can think of when it comes to the current BMW styling.

It's a good thing they have competition with plenty of other manufacturer's product to choose from!
BMW has implied that the overall strategy for the electrification of BMW M is to first go through a transitional adoption of hybrid drivetrains.

This has been an ongoing discussion as of late and we may also refer to comments that BMW made 6 months ago in this thread where Flasch still mentions an emphasis on character and Robert Irlinger (Head of BMW i) mentioned benefits of a hybrid setup.

Based on that, if this project does come into fruition, whether through something like the Vision M Next or something else, a hybrid setup is still entirely plausible.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7508.50