11-24-2017, 04:19 AM   #61
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Everyone loves to tout the fact that automatics are smoother, faster, more efficient, bla bla bla.

And yet every single one of you misses the entire point of a manual: the fun factor being connected to the car unlike any other transmission option. Period.

It was never about being faster or quicker, it was just about driving. I honestly feel sorry for many of you guys who never got to experience that time of the automobile. No DCT or 1000HP car can give you that fix, and unfortunately as today's market shows, ignorance truly is bliss.

For some of us, a car is a shitload more than just some acceleration times and performance metrics. Sadly, the entire industry (as shown by what appeals to your average BMW buyer/owner in this thread) has shifted to making fast appliances on four wheels with mobile Facebook and internet.

The joy of driving is all but dead.
Absobloodylutely!! What the heck are we supposed to do with our left foot & hand once every car on the road is auto... oh yeh I gues the left hand is for tapping your touchscreen... & don’t get me started on those either, I really hope BMW never move away from iDrive which in my opinion is the absolute best system on the market, trying to tap the right part of a screen while on the move is neither easy nor safe!

Ok so sure both hands should be on the wheel most of the time, but the involvement of all four limbs while driving is what it’s all about! But sadly it does appear that I will be forced to pay more for something I don’t want when I buy my next car
Appreciate 0