07-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #71
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
whats the point of further discussion when you obviously will not accept?
I'm not going to accept a line of reasoning that ignores the ethical grounds surrounding the matter and that in conjunction with doing so, offers no empirical basis for claiming that (1) cheating is a "right" thing to do and/or (2) that the penalties are in fact onerous to the team/team owner. That's where I stand because:
  • I believe (hope) the ethical position I've advocated is self explanatory, but I'm willing to see someone's well reasoned argument asserting that cheating is okay or a good thing to do, and
  • I've offered reasonable bases that support my positions about what quarterbacks know and what sums are meaningful to a team owner.
I've seen others attest to having a different point of view from mine, but I've not seen anyone offering objective, or even reasonably solid subjective, evidence that supports their position and arguments that refute mine. If someone actually has some/one, I'm happy to see it and I may even change my stance on the matter. I'm certainly not altering my view because someone or many ones say things like "Oh, you just don't like the Patriots" or because they offer some sort of red herring or deflecting points that don't directly address the matters at hand, those matters being:
  • The rule on ball inflation is clear and known to all NFL players.
  • The balls were willfully under inflated in complete disregard of the rules.
  • The under inflation constitutes cheating.
  • Cheating is wrong.
  • The penalty assigned is a mere pittance for a $2.5 billion company.
  • The penalty assigned to Mr. Brady is also a pittance to him.
So I ask you, on which of those points am I wrong?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0