06-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #59
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Dirty game or try to set himself up for the best possible restart?

I'd be doing whatever it takes to get any advantage. He earned the ability to set the pace by being in the lead.

Although I don't think it's dirty pool to bunch up close traffic ... it's a tactic that is in a bit of a grey area whether it should be condoned. At the very least looked upon with a bit more scrutiny for now on, as it can impact "driver's safely"

I'm sure Hamilton would had whined to Charlie if the situation would've been reversed .... even though Hamilton regularly uses bunching up traffic to his advantage. He did the same thing to Rossberg last year (even against team orders to go faster) and was sited years back for it when Vettel crashed into Webber. Inquiring with the team about Bottas' ability do the same stuff seems desperate for a 3X Champion ... not gamesmanship.

To me this should be a "driver policed" kind of thing .... like how last season Max got a few "talking to's" for his overly-aggressive driving from Charlie and drivers.

IMHO ... Drivers should make a point of letting Hamilton know to stop the games and just drive.
Appreciate 0