01-09-2024, 09:27 AM   #7
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerglass007 View Post
So does on full beam its like a standard LED but does the HBA and shuts down the right hand side when it detects a car ? It also puts a black box around the car directly infront but keeps the full beam on ? Basically the same as laser lights but just not as bright or as far ?
Absolutely yes!
HBA works the beam pattern and separation on her LED equipped car in the same way as it does on my laser lights, and yes the lasers are brighter and further reaching but not massively so.
Her inner headlights (but bear in mind it's a 2 series coupe so the light units are different) do not function as headlights at all, neither dipped or main beams they only host the daytime running light function.
On my 4 series the inners are dipped headlights as well as the outers and it's only the outers that have the laser light modules if I can remember that correctly. (If I've got that wrong I'm sure someone on here will put me right!)
My lights have the steering tracking function on as well and also the cornering lights I think they are called for when you perform low speed turning movements.
Appreciate 0